Welcome to Year 5 - Mrs Croft’s Class
Welcome back everyone. It's been a very strange time for us all but I am so happy to be back in my second home with a wonderful set of learners. Things may be a little different at the moment and take time to adjust to but we will all do this together as one big family.
I hope you all enjoy your first week back at YBG in Year 5.
Just a few little things to remember as you come to school this year:
* Your coat (other items depending on the weather such as hat , gloves, sunhat etc)
* Packed lunch if you are not school dinners
* A healthy snack for break time as we are currently not running our snack shop in school.
* A water bottle (filled at home for the day)
* If you wish to bring your own hand sanitiser then you can leave this in your bag to use when needed.
Hand washing will take place regularly throughout the day. Regular hand washing will include:
* on arrival at and when leaving school
* before and after handling food
* before and after handling objects and equipment that may have been used by others
* where there has been any physical contact
* after people blow their nose, sneeze or cough
8.50am-Arrival into school via the bottom gate. Please try to be on time as we have a short 10 minute window before the next class come into school.
10:30-10:45-Breaktime for Year 5
12-12:45-Lunchtime for Year 5 (Lunches will be eaten at desks in the classroom. If you have ordered a school dinner they will be delivered to the classrooms by a member of the dinner staff)
2.55pm-Year 5 Home time
In Year 5 PE will be on a Wednesday and Friday. Please can the children come into school wearing their PE Kit as changing space is limited at the moment. PE: Black shorts/joggers/leggings, white t-shirt, jumper if cold and trainers/pumps.
Over the coming weeks we will be doing a lot of digital learning. Log on details have been sent home with all children so they can access HWB and RM easimaths. In the event of a school closure this is how work will be sent to the children on a daily basis so it is important that they are able to access their accounts.
It would also be very handy if all parents were signed up for SeeSaw. It has been so hard to communicate with parents that aren't on Seesaw during the lockdown period and it is a great way to send information home and message for a quick response.