How Can I support my child at home ?
At Ysgol Bryn Gwalia we regularly offer parenting groups that focus on activities/learning opportunities that parents have requested. We are always open to suggestions. From the last few groups we gained insights into what families would like next. One requested was an internet safety course and the other was cooking. Both these groups have been found and allocated.
Here is a video to help support sleep times if your child struggles with bed time
We have also sourced some useful online learning support to help support your child within all areas of our rich curriculum
* Jolly Phonics this gives you the sounds and how we teach phonics. https://www.jollylearning.co.uk/resource-bank/learn-the-letter-sounds/
* Literacy and Maths - Games to support https://ictgames.com/
* Literacy- Cbeebies story time https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/bedtime-stories
* Literacy - Books and stories to enhance your child's love of books https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/
* Literacy- Phonics Play https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resourceshttps://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/resources
- Literacy Oxford Reading Owl offers a free eBook library which has a range of texts you can access and read with your children - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/
- Literacy Duolingo to support our language skills - https://www.duolingo.com/
- All areas of learning https://classroom.thenational.academy/subjects-by-key-stage
- BBC Bitesize This site has many activities and video clips which support learning across the curriculum. Sections are labelled with the age range they are aimed at. www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- Maths Games to support mathematical development https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zjxhfg8
- Maths Times tables practice https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks2/times-tables/
- Maths Maths activities https://www.transum.org/
- ICT Scratch is a website where children can develop their coding skills - https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Health and Wellbeing https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
- Health and Wellbeing to support our daily mile https://thedailymile.co.uk/at-home/
- STEM Activities based around Space https://trainlikeanastronaut.org/
Family Point Wales
FamilyPoint Cymru connects families in Wales with essential services for information, advice ... Whatever your family needs, we'll point you in the right direction.
At Ysgol Bryn Gwalia we use Seesaw to connect parents to their children's Seesaw so that parents can see their children's work and access messages and information from their children's class teacher.
Please see below a tutorial to help you access this