At Ysgol Bryn Gwalia, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and well-being of our pupils, staff and Parents. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- Encourage children to adopt the 5 ways to well=being ethos
We offer different levels of support:
Universal Support- To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance developing resilience for all.
Additional support- For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted support- For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as well-being groups or personal mentors.
Mrs Liz Croft - ALNCo /Staff Wellbeing lead
Mrs Jo Wyatt - School Liaison Officer/ Nurture room Manager/ Pupil/ Parent Wellbeing Lead
Mrs Maria Murdoch/ Mrs Kai Edwards: ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant)