Croeso i Blwyddyn 4 – Mrs Garland’s Class
Autumn Term - Kings & Queens
Spring Term - Natural Disasters
In Year 4 we continue to build on the foundation of previous years to grow happy, healthy, and considerate young people. Children are much more likely to thrive when home and school work together, therefore if there is anything you need me to know or if you have any questions please feel free to catch me at the gate at home time, make an appointment via the main office or contact me on Seesaw.
Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions, but if I’ve missed anything, please let me know.
- HOMEWORK Reading, spelling and maths including times tables should be worked on daily if possible. 10 – 15 minute short bursts are more beneficial than a long session once per week. Children each have a personal log on to RM maths and physical reading books are available. Please keep all log on details safe as they are difficult to replace. Each term children will be given a topic based homework grid. Tasks can be completed in any order and whenever you chose. Physical copies of homework can be brought in or pictures and work can be uploaded to Seesaw.
- SEESAW QR codes went home at the start of term for access to the children's Seesaw accounts. It is a useful programme for getting in touch with me and keeping up to date with what your children are getting up to in school. Please note, although I will always do my best to answer messages, it is generally best to try and reach me on Seesaw during the school day, Monday - Friday 9am-5pm.
- PE Children need a PE kit in school all the time. PE is officially on Tuesday but this is subject to change as other classes sometimes ask to swap hall times. Your child needs black shorts, white T shirt, trainers and black pumps – all named and stored in a named gym bag. Girls will need a pair of socks if they are likely to be wearing tights. During the winter months a jog suit will be required.
- FOREST SCHOOL During Autumn Term, Year 4 will be having Forest School sessions on a Friday morning in the school forest. Forest School is a fantastic way to build confidence and teamwork, whilst gaining an appreciation for nature and the outdoors! Children will need a spare change of old clothes and suitable footwear such as wellies or walking boots. We are likely to get muddy and will be going even if the weather is not good, so please ensure they have warm clothing for the winter months.
- WATER BOTTLES Everyone concentrates better when they are well hydrated therefore children need a water bottle in school. This bottle is in addition to the one they may have in their lunch bag.
- SNACK MONEY Snack money continues to be 30p per day preferably paid as £1.50 per week on a Monday or in a single payment for the half term. Snack will only be available to those who have paid in advance. Please name money purses and envelopes.
- WEBSITE and TWITTER In an attempt to minimise our paper consumption, all of our important information can be found via the school website www.bryngwalia.org, and Twitter feed @BrynGwalia.
- HOME TIME At 3:15pm I will bring the children to the gate. To support growing independence it will be their responsibility to find you. I will stress to the children the importance of coming back to me if they cannot find you but please have this conversation at home as well. If your child is to walk home on their own please complete the permission form which is available from the school office.