Croeso i Blwyddyn 2 / Welcome to Year 2
Dosbarth Mrs Hughes and Mrs Walsh.
Welcome to Year 1 and 2.
- HOME LEARNING Children will be given home learning every Thursday via Seesaw. Please ensure they are read and completed by the following Monday or the date given. Completed tasks can either be returned to school or digitally uploaded to your child’s e-portfolio seesaw account. You are also encouraged to go on RMeasimaths twice a week, login details were sent out last year in Year 1, if you need another copy please see Mrs Hughes.
- Reading. You are encouraged to read with your child as often as possible, it is so important to your child’s education. Home reading books will be changed on Mondays and Fridays.
- PE Children need to come to school dressed in their PE kits every Friday for PE outdoors. Our school PE kit is white t-shirt, black shorts or joggers and a hoodie.
- UNIFORM All uniform must be named – we always have lost property drawers full of unnamed items! Woven sew-in labels are the best. Please remember that school shoes should be black, sensible and flat. Leggings are not uniform. If your child is still struggling with laces please either opt for Velcro or practise bows with them. Long hair should be tied up as we have ongoing issues with head lice. A school bag is required for water bottles, letters etc. and a pair of named wellies need to be kept in school for outdoor and Forest School activities.
- WATER BOTTLES Everyone concentrates better when they are well hydrated therefore children need a named water bottle in school. This bottle is in addition to the one they may have in their lunch bag. Please make sure you refill your child’s water bottle and return it to school daily.
- PERSONAL ITEMS Children should not bring toys, balls and other personal items into school. Much learning time is wasted looking for lost items.
- WATCHES Children are encouraged to wear a wrist watch with hands (NOT DIGITAL). Please practise telling the time at home.
- SNACK Snack is encouraged for all children at playtime. Unfortunately we are not able to provide snack at the moment. Therefore we ask all children bring a healthy snack to school (fruit or vegetables only) for playtime.
- WEB SITE and TWITTER In an attempt to minimise our paper consumption all of our important information can be found via the school web site www.bryngwalia.org, and Twitter feed @ BrynGwalia . My account @MeithrinBG shares class news. All children have a ‘SEESAW’ account to which photographs and documents can be saved. This account allows us to share your child’s learning with you and vice versa. Log in details will follow shortly.
- HOME TIME At 3.00pm I will bring the children to the gate. Please stand along the outside of the top fence so that we can spot you easily and quickly and reunite you at the end of the day.
If there is anything specific you would like me to know about your child please come and talk to me.
Mrs. Hughes. xx
Autumn Term 2020
Our topic is 'Marvellous Me!’
This term we are helping Dr Nina improve her hospital. Unfortunately Dr Nina does not know enough about the body to help make her patients better and therefore she needs our help!
we are becoming body experts! 😀💪🏻👍🏻
We are learning all about what is inside our bodies, how it works, what it needs to stay healthy and how we can fix parts of our body. To do this we are going to be doing lots of research, reading and experiments 🦴💀🩺🧪🧫.
Wish us luck!
Spring Term 2021.
Our topic this term is Space 🪐☄️🌖🚀
We are reading How to Catch a Star 💫 and The Way Back Home by Oliver Jeffers.
We have also been doing a lot of research about the Perseverance rover that has recently landed safely on Mars.