Croeso i Blwyddyn 2 / Welcome to Year 2
- HOME LEARNING Children will be provided with an activity grid each half term. There will be more activities than there are weeks, to enable children to select the activities which appeal to them personally. Completed tasks can either be returned to school or digitally uploaded to your child’s e-portfolio seesaw account (see details below). Your child will also be bringing home their log in details for online tasks. You are encouraged to read with your child as often as possible. Home reading books will be changed on Mondays and Fridays. Children are always encouraged to complete tasks which are self motivated. I love to see any drawing, writing, number work, model making etc. which the children have completed at home.
- PE Children need a PE kit in school all the time. Your child needs – black shorts, white T shirt, trainers and black pumps – all named and stored in a named gym bag. Girls will need a pair of socks if they are likely to be wearing tights. PE bags should remain in school and I will send them home for washing at the beginning of each holiday.
- UNIFORM All uniform must be named – we always have lost property drawers full of unnamed items! Woven sew-in labels are the best. Please remember that school shoes should be black, sensible and flat. Leggings are not uniform. If your child is still struggling with laces please either opt for Velcro or practise bows with them. Long hair should be tied up as we have ongoing issues with head lice. A school bag is required for water bottles, letters etc. and a pair of named wellies need to be kept in school for outdoor and Forest School activities.
- WATER BOTTLES Everyone concentrates better when they are well hydrated therefore children need a named water bottle in school. This bottle is in addition to the one they may have in their lunch bag. Please make sure you refill your child’s water bottle and return it to school daily.
- PERSONAL ITEMS Children should not bring toys, balls and other personal items into school. Much learning time is wasted looking for lost items.
- WATCHES Children are encouraged to wear a wrist watch with hands (NOT DIGITAL). Please practise telling the time at home.
- SNACK MONEY Snack money is 20p per day preferably paid as £1 per week on a Monday or in a single payment for the half term. Snack will only be available to those who have paid in advance. Please name money purses and envelopes.
- WEB SITE and TWITTER In an attempt to minimise our paper consumption all of our important information can be found via the school web site www.bryngwalia.org, and Twitter feed @ BrynGwalia . My account @Griffiths_J_ shares class news. All children have a ‘SEESAW’ account to which photographs and documents can be saved. This account allows us to share your child’s learning with you and vice versa. Log in details will follow shortly.
- HOME TIME At 3.00pm I will bring the children to the door. Please stand along the outside of the top fence so that we can spot you easily and quickly and reunite you at the end of the day.
If there is anything specific you would like me to know about your child please come and talk to me
Looking forward to Year 2,
Mrs. Griffiths. xx
Autumn Term 2019
Our topic is 'Autumn in the park.'
Knowledge organiser Autumn 2019
Spring Term 2020
Our topic is - Exploring Frozen Worlds