At Ysgol Bryn Gwalia, we aim to provide our pupils with the skills which will enable them to thrive as modern 21st century citizens. The use of digital technology across the curriculum helps to engage our pupils and help them become confident and skilled learners.
We have a wide range of digital technology available to our pupils, including iPads, laptops, computers, Spheroes, drones and other programmable devices. Giving pupils choice is important to us, so they can decide how best to present their ideas.
As well as enhancing other areas of the curriculum, we use the Digital Competence Framework to provide our pupils with important skills for their future. The Digital Competence Framework ensures our pupils;
- can use digital technology to communicate and collaborate with others
- can use digital technology to create and produce a variety of media to communicate their ideas
- can use computational thinking to solve problems
- can evaluate the technology they use and make choices about when and how they use digital technology
- can use digital technology in data handling tasks to collect, present and analyse data sets
- are safe and sensible digital citizens, using technology to be kind, respectful and helpful.